Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week Recap

We had fun at my sister's, we just hung out. The first night we took my kids to the park. It was cold, 40 degrees and windy! They didn't care though, the next day it snowed a couple of inches and the high was 22 so we stayed inside as much as possible. We did make a McDonalds run, gotta love the playground it saved the day! Yesterday we took them to the children's museum. Gavin really loved making pizzas and being a doctor.

While the kids napped on Thursday I went for a run. It was slushy, wet and at spots I was running through snow drifts. I kept thinking I needed 4 miles and was struggling through the slush. Then I hit the bike path and the turn around point. I don't know what happened but as soon as I turned around I picked up the pace and it felt great. I decided to run a little more and ended up with 5 in 45:17. Then I started thinking about last summer when I did a 5 mile race. My goal was to finish in 45 minutes and I think my time was 45:24 or :44? When I finished that time it was all I could do, this week I felt like I was just hitting my stride and could have ran a few more. My last 2 miles were 8:30 or under. Don't we all have to remind ourselves how far we have come? It is so easy to become discouraged when our runs don't turn out the way we want but I am sure if you look back you can see how much you have improved.

Today I have a 6 miler planned. It is suppose to be cold which is ok as long as the wind doesn't start! Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't even imagine still having to run in the cold and snow! Great job. Improvement is such a motivator.

    ReplyDelete