Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dogs!

I just got back from a 3 mile run. I felt sorry for my dog because he has been cooped up so much so I took him with me. He does fine on the leash, usually runs ahead of me staying in a straight line. The problem is the dogs we pick up on our runs. There is one dog I know will come run with us, and he has gotten better the last few months. Today there was a new dog that joined us. So I spent most of my time pulling on the leash and dodging dogs since this new dog wanted to play with mine the whole time. At one point I dropped the leash and let them go because I was so annoyed. When I stopped to pick up the leash I forgot to restart my garmin so the last half I ran without it. I think I am going to start running on my own and taking my dog out for a walk with the kids. My runs are my stress reliever and this run just caused more stress!

Ok enough with that. The weather is beautiful today! It is suppose to be in the high 30s today which feels like summer! Ok not that warm but you can run around without a coat. Hopefully we'll have time to get out and enjoy it. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. Does sound stressful. However, I am sure it would make for a great picture; you and a pack of dogs following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a stressful run this week too, more about injury and pace than anything else. It was so frustrating because I feel the same way about how my runs should make me feel. i ended up going to a spin class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read someone else talking about dogs, but this one wasn't on a leash! My dog Harley always makes me run faster too, but I love running with her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you guys run with dogs. I would surely trip over the leash or something!

    ReplyDelete