Friday, March 13, 2009

Hurry!

My sister made it over, so our life is all about the baby right now! My kids are loving her so much, Gavin insists on sitting next to her and protecting her whenever she is awake. They sing and read books to her, it is so cute.
My sister is starting a plan that will ease her into running. She never has been a runner so it starts out slow, with lots of walks and then yesterday 5 minute walk and 30 second run for 30 minutes. I told her I would go with her after my run. I planned on 6-7 miles, the longest I've ran since January. My sis stayed at my mom's Wed night so after bible study I went over there. I packed everything we could need except for my running shoes! So I came home to get those, I live 10-15 minutes away from my mom. I change at home and am ready to go when I get back to my mom's. I turn my garmin on and set it on my mom's bumper to locate satelites and run into the house for a minute. My mom takes off to town at this time, I think she is in a different truck so I don't think about it. When I come back outside both my mom's and Steve's truck are gone! I panicked, called Steve and thank the Lord my Garmin was still on my mom's bumper! After I got my watch back I set off. It was getting late by then and I still had to walk/run with Brandi so I ended up running faster then planned. I guess I need to be rushed everyday!
6.51 miles
58:16 minutes
8:57 pace

2 comments:

  1. wow, thank goodness the garmin was safe...nice job on the run, and that's great you're helping your sister ease into it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! Thank goodness your watch was still there. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete