Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mud!

The weather has been wonderful lately, the snow is melting! I am loving it and I even feel like I am able to add trail running to my week. I live on a dirt road and with it has been a mess. I went out for 3 miles on Saturday and Sunday and felt like I ran 10. I encountered ice, slush, mud, mud puddles, and a lot of ruts! My legs were so sore on Monday so I decided to rest them. I did a Cathe video off of Fitv, the pyramid upper body and core max. Ouch! I am still sore! I went to the gym with a friend yesterday and we ran 1.5 miles and elliptical for 30 minutes. Then we took our kids swimming which is always a workout in itself! JR had the day off so later when the kids were sleeping I couldn't resist going for another 3 miles. It was in the 40s here! I went to town to run so I didn't have to deal with the mud and I ended up doing 3 in 26:15, yay! I am hoping to do my long run with a friend today or tomorrow, just depends on if we can find someone to watch our kids. I am excited, I've never had anyone to run long runs with.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are able to find someone to watch the little ones. It is always nice having someone to run with especially on the long ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one downside of Spring: MUD!

    Great job on all the workouts and enjoy your long run.

    ReplyDelete