Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mellow Day

Last night the kiddos stayed at their aunt and uncle's house so JR and I went to a friend's house for dinner. It was fun, I had not been out since January so it was good to relax and know the kids were having fun. I think we went to bed at 1 and of course I was awake at 6 which is now 7 with the time change. I vegged in front of the tv for awhile then decided to go for a run before I had to pick up the kids. My legs and hips were sore and tight, I even did yoga yesterday! I haven't been doing the foam roller the last few days and I need to. I have been stretching more but it's not enough. I managed 4.75 miles in 9:30 pace. I actually thought I was running slower so I am happy with that. It was cold, 15 degrees with slight wind so I had to pull out my balaclava(is that how you spell it?). I picked up the kids and played with them for awhile then went to take a nap. Now I'm up and everyone is sleeping so I am off to get my house in order.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to get out without the kids...next weekend my son will be out of town, and my husband and I will have the house to ourselves! I think take out Chinese sounds like a good plan! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you were up so early when the kids weren't around. I am the same way though. I always say I will stay in bed but don't.

    Nice job on the run.

    ReplyDelete