Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

I have a friend who wants to start running so on Friday night we planned on meeting at PAC after work. My kids were going to the basketball game so I went early and ran 4 miles and walked another. After she arrived we did a 1 minute run 2 minute walk 10x, or at least that was the plan. We were talking so much I know I messed the timing up a little, but it went so fast! In the past I have gone walking with friends and I forgot how much fun it is. We always seem to have the best conversations, especially when I walk with my sisters. I hope my friend sticks with it. We are planning on meeting about 3 times a week so that helps, she is busy with 3 kids and a full time job.

Yesterday I tried to go for an easy 3 mile run. The day was perfect, high 20's and sunny I couldn't wait to get out there. When the kids took their nap I was ready, and so was my dog! I managed a half a mile before I couldn't take the pain anymore(still in my upper thigh). I came home and took some motrin and decided to at least walk, I wanted to be outside and Buddy would have gone crazy if that's all we did. I ended up walking almost 2 miles, in pain the whole time. I came home and the motrin finally kicked in about 10 minutes later and I felt great, figures! Today I am suppose to do a 45 minute tempo run. I might try taking some motrin and going for it. I am still sore today but it is a little better, I guess I'll just see how the day goes. If I don't run today I'll do my tempo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment