Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Speedwork

Yesterday Brooklyn fell asleep at nap time (amazing!) so I was able to squeeze in a run. I decided to do intervals and after doing mile repeats all summer I wanted to do some shorter ones for the 10k. I ended up running 2x400, 2x800, and 2x400 @7:30 pace. I loved it! Shorter repeats are so much fun and it's nice to run them on the treadmill so I can control my pace. When I run outside I usually have a hard time slowing myself down on the first couple, then I can barely finish the last, if at all.

Today a friend and I are going bike riding. Her son is in preschool this year, so now she has some time with her daughter as well. This should be interesting since I haven't rode a bike all year and maybe went once last year. Nothing like riding over hills while pulling a kid!

1 comment: