Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Multiple Workouts!

When my sisters and I are together we usually have great plans of exercising and eating healthy, and not gaining weight! However after days spent cooking, cleaning, and just taking care of the kids we usually resort to junk food and sitting whenever possible. This trip our kids are big enough, with the exception of Marlee that they can entertain themselves more and don't need our constant attention, although they still want to eat every hour it seems!

Monday we took the kids on a hike, and they did great. I had to carry Brooklyn on the way back but we went a couple of miles. Rylee wanted to climb to the top of the mountains and was a little disappointed when I told her that would take 2 days to climb to the top and back. We had a picnic and came home. Then it was time for my run, I had to run 6 with 4 at tempo. The pace was suppose to be 8:42, I finished the 6 in 50:38. My tempo splits were 8:07, 8:15, 8:15, 8:08. When I was done I went for a run/walk with Carrie. She wants to start running so we are planning on going everyday. She did great, especially dealing with the altitude.

Yesterday I ran 5, then we took the kids to the park. During nap time we did Jillian's shred video level 1. Afterwards we started on the cocktails, after dinner JR took care of the kids and we continued drinking when Carrie had the bright idea of doing level 2 of the shred video. Very interesting after a few drinks!

Today is my rest day, I told Carrie I would run with her again and then we are going to the lake. The water will be freezing but it is suppose to be in the 80's today, for the first time this year!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time, with a good mix of family time & workout time.

    Jillian Michaels after a fw cocktails would definitely be interesting! Can you just imagine how much she would be screaming at you if she knew? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting in the workouts while still having fun!

    ReplyDelete