Thursday, June 18, 2009

Marathon?

Thanks to road construction I have been without phone/internet service for a couple of days, not that it is back on I am buy reading everyone's blogs again. I am also trying to clean my house since my sisters are coming this weekend. Brandi and Marlee will be here tonight and Carrie and her kids will be here Sunday. I can't wait, we haven't seen them in 2 years(they live in Wisconsin) and I can't wait to see those kids!

I went for my long run this morning with my friend Carrie. We did 10 miles, it was raining when we started but quit within the first mile. We took it nice and slow, it is really nice to run with someone. I can't wait until the half and lately I have been considering a marathon. Gavin will be in kindergarten this year so I would have to find a sitter for Brooklyn. I have never ran longer then a half and am nervous about those long training runs. Right now I am reading 50/50 by Dean Karnaze and that has me thinking about a marathon along with the last Runners World with the marathon training plan. I need to look around and see what marathons are close to me in Oct or Nov, I have time to decide. I will also have to continue to read inspiring books, magazines, and blogs to help me!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the marathon decision. The training is a lot of work but the pay off is worth it.

    Have a great weekend with your sisters and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the decision. I trained and ran one last fall when Jones was 6 and Shoo was 2 and it worked out pretty well.

    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend. You should do a marathon. They aren't as scary as you think.

    ReplyDelete