Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Slide Workout

As my miles have increased I felt like I could use a day off on Monday, usually on my off days I strength train or do yoga. Finally by Monday night I was feeling better and wasn't tired anymore. Gavin and I needed some one on one time so I took him swimming. I ended up getting in a workout after all. He wanted to go down the big slide so we did, with 32 steps we went up 7 times it was a good leg workout. On the way down my abs were working by half sitting up as we spun around, my abs were actually sore yesterday!

Yesterday was tempo run which I did on the treadmill. I did 2 10 min and 1 5 min at 8:12-8:07pace, I was suppose to do 3or4 10 minute tempos but out of boredom I quit. I did 2 miles warmup and about 1 1/4 mile cooldown for 7 miles at 8:42 pace. Today I have 4 miles and I would love to run outside, but not sure if that's going to happen.

I have been trying different recipes for energy bars and haven't found one that is really good. The batch I made yesterday is ok but only if I am really hungry, otherwise I am not sure I would eat it. If anyone has a great recipe let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew you could get a workout from a water slide!

    ReplyDelete