Friday, May 1, 2009

Intervals

My mom wanted my kids yesterday so I was able to run outside,yay! I thought about doing the intervals outside but it was hard last week because I kept looking at my garmin to see how far I had gone and what my pace was. Instead I decided to run outside for the warmup and cooldown and run on the treadmill for my intervals. The clouds were starting to blow in during my warmup but it was the perfect temp, around 45 degrees. The intervals went great, I did not have any problems. Although I don't think I could keep this pace for miles it didn't feel hard to run at a 7:30 pace.
1x1200
1x800
2x400
2x200
4x100 strides

Then I headed outside for a cooldown. Since I didn't have to hurry back for the kids I went for a couple miles. By this time the wind was blowing, I had 1 mile that felt like I was going backwards. I still managed a 9:05 but I was tired. Overall I did 6.62 miles in 57:35 so I am happy.

Today is an off day for running and my legs were sore so I decided to do some yoga. Since I needed to squeeze in a strength workout I decided to do Jillian's Shred video as well. I felt good after doing the video(level 1), but the yoga was hard! I did yoga for runners and my quads were burning with all of the warrior poses. My legs feel much better though, I really need to add more yoga or stretching to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment