Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Results are In

The results for the race were posted yesterday, however my time is wrong. My official time is 48:21 which puts me right ahead of a friend that ran and I came in behind her at the race. So I am going with my garmin time, 51:28, which put me 11th overall, 6th woman, and 3rd in my age group. I am happy with that!

This week I have been taking it easy, I tried out a circuit training class on Monday. I had been wanting to do this class for awhile but with my training plan I didn't have time to fit it in. The class was fun, I had a chance to socialize and got in a good workout. Yesterday I ran 2.24 miles on the treadmill before I ran out of time, I planned on running a few more miles when JR came home but he had to work late. I also did yoga, which was focused on the core- ouch! My abs were feeling it after two days in a row. Today my mom took my kids for the day so I did 10 miles this morning, avg 9:28 which was great with all the hills I ran. I was trying to go slow and even let myself walk up one hill, without thinking I need to run it. Now I am off to clean my house and maybe have a chance to enjoy it for a hour or two before my little mess makers come home!

2 comments:

  1. Weird! I wonder what happened with the timing.

    Congrats again - that is a killer 10K time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! That's an awesome 10K time!

    ReplyDelete