Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day! We had a good weekend. My kids stayed the night with their aunt and uncle on Friday, so I was able to run in the morning. Running in the morning is harder at first but it is nice to be done so I can enjoy the rest of the day. Then it was off to pick up the kids and take Gavin to a birthday party. He had lots of fun and we all crashed when we came home. That nap was just what I needed, I woke up feeling great and cleaned the house.

Yesterday my hubby forgot it was Mother's Day. He was suppose to get up with the kids so I could go for my long run, however he is not a morning person and I could not get him out of bed. When he finally got up Gavin reminded him that it was Mother's Day. Then we just played outside, JR worked on my garden beds (needed to be level), and I cleaned my car. I went for my run in the afternoon, my plan called for 9 miles which I did in 1:19:21. That is an average of 8:57 pace, by far the fastest long run I have ever done. The run felt good but afterwards I was very tired, I should have backed off a little. I also had a negative split, yeah! This week I have shorter, faster runs and my 10k is on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the speedy long run! That must have been your Mother's Day gift to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the long run! I know what you mean about being tired after a speedy long run. If I take them nice and slow, they don't really affect my day, but if I push myself, all I want to do the rest of the day is sleep.

    ReplyDelete