Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's All In The Attitude

Friday night I stayed up until midnight(very late for me) watching movies. My kids were up Saturday morning at 6 so I let them watch cartoons while I drank coffee and tried to wake up. After a couple of cups things were looking good, the wind wasn't blowing so I had high hopes of going outside. I then discovered that the upstairs bathroom was clogged thanks to my son. I worked for an hour, scooping brown water out so I could plunge it, I was still covered in poo water by the time I was done. I went and woke JR up and told him I could not fix it, so it was his turn. While he was working on it I jumped in the shower, when I came back upstairs my daughter had her poopy pullup off and was trying to clean herself with the wipes. She was such a mess I threw her in the shower, she was covered from her shoulder to her feet! That was when I had to laugh, it was not the way I wanted to spend my Saturday morning but what can you do? We just decided it was a poopy kind of morning. Oh and my hubby had to use a snake to fix the toilet, it was clogged that bad.

After we were cleaned up we had some food and went outside. The skies were still gray and it was only 30 degrees but the wind was not blowing! The kids and I walked down to their aunt and uncle's house and we talked for awhile. Then it was time to head home and naptime. I was able to go for a nice 5 mile run. I am very grateful, the only 2 days the wind hasn't been blowing(somewhere around 25-35mph) is on Thursday and Saturday. Those are the 2 days I had a chance to run outside. Today I am planning on a 5-6 mile run, we woke up to 5 inches of fresh snow so I'll have to wait and see what happens to my road. I am really ready for spring but I am just focusing on how pretty the snow is for right now. It's all in your attitude, right?

3 comments:

  1. "poopy kind of morning" ha, ha....we've had some days like that...gotta love the humor kids can bring to your life....and we've had very windy and cold weather here too...summer can't get here fast enough for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would cry if I saw snow on the ground. I can relate to the poopy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to laugh the the 'poopy' morning - sometimes that's all you can do!

    ReplyDelete