Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! The weekend was great here, filled with family, friends and food! My sis and her family were here, Marlee is so big! We went to some friends house Friday night for dinner and games. We stayed up way to late so my Saturday morning run was hard, between being tired and my legs were sore from Thursday's speed work. I did an easy 4 mile then it was time to take the kids to the Easter egg hunt in town. They loved it, especially seeing the Easter Bunny. Then it was off to my nephew's wrestling tournament. We didn't have a chance to watch him wrestle because my daughter was ready for a nap. That evening we hung out and Brandi and I had a chance to go for a long walk. We always have the best conversations then so it was great.

Sunday I was up early playing the easter bunny, the kids had fun finding eggs, and then we were off to church. It was a great sermon and really had me thinking about what Easter is about, also in tears a couple of times. Afterwards we went to my mom's house, then on to my hubby's aunt and uncle's house. We stayed there most of the afternoon and it was nice to catch up with everyone.

We came home and I set out for a run, I planned on a longer run of 7-8 miles but I was just to tired so I did 4.5 miles with 4 strides and will do the long run next Saturday. My kids are waking up so I am off to start another week, hope everyone has a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great long weekend!

    You were definitely busy - no wonder the legs were tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So busy, but you still ran? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete