Sunday, August 23, 2009

What's Next?

One week left until the half marathon and I'm excited to run it. This past week I have been really thinking about what is next. I have had the thought of a full marathon all summer but then August rolled around and decided that wouldn't happen this year. JR is going to be traveling a lot and with working on the house and spending more quality time with Brooklyn I thought that I would wait. Now that the race is almost here I am feeling the need to train for something and last night I talked to a friend who is also running the half with me. She is thinking about training for a full this fall and wants me to do it with her, so of course I am thinking of doing it. I would love to train with someone, especially to have someone to run with on long runs, it has been a lot of fun this summer. She wants to bq and I have no doubt she can do it, I just want to finish a marathon but it would be nice to run with her. We are going to wait and see how the half goes and then I'll have to see how much it will cost, the budget is a little tight right now. I am also debating on running the local half or the 10k in September. The course is much harder then the one in Utah and it's only 4 weeks after this one so I am thinking I will probably do the 10k. I am holding off on deciding until after this race.

This week will be an easy running week with a few 4 milers and one 5 mile tempo. I will be doing a lot of cross training though, I have put up hay the last 2 days and this week we are tearing apart the house . Mix in soccer games for Gavin and enjoying his last week of summer and this week should fly by.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking about a marathon in November, but I am undecided. Decisions, decisions. Enjoy the last week of no school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! One week to go!

    Having a buddy to run with makes marathon training sooo much easier!

    ReplyDelete