Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday morning was long run day and Carrie and I decided to find a route similar to the race. We drove up to the mountains then ran back to town, just like in the race this was downhill with on big hill around mile 10. The weather was perfect with blue skies and starting in the 40s and ending in the 60s. We were worried how our quads would feel but neither of us had any problems, the run just felt great and went fast. We did 13.29 in 2:03 which felt easy, I think we are ready for the race.

Afterwards I loaded the kids and we set off to Brandi's house. We stayed the night then went to the mall to finish school shopping(a total of 5 hours away from my house). When we arrived back at Brandi's house Saturday night I was so sore. Sitting in a car for that long after a long run was not the best idea. We stayed Saturday night and came home yesterday morning.

My uncle was here to help me take the siding off my house, we did half yesterday and will finish the rest today. I did run 5 on the treadmill last night after the kids went to sleep. I did not want to run, I was tired from the weekend but once I started it felt so good, I wish all of my treadmill runs could go like that. I hardly looked at the distance I just got into my zone and ran. Today is suppose to be 8 miles with 6 at tempo but I'm not sure I'll have a babysitter so I might wait until tomorrow. Carrie and I usually swap babysitting to run outside for tempo runs so hopefully tomorrow will work for her.

2 comments:

  1. Nice long run!

    Don't you just love trying to work running around when you can find a babysitter. I'm looking forward to my kids getting old enough to leave by themselves for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice run!

    It's awesome that you have someone to share child-minding duties to squeeze in your runs. GOod luck with your tempo!

    ReplyDelete