Monday, February 1, 2010

Sugar Overload

The kiddos and I went to my sister's this weekend for my niece's birthday party. We had a great time and my sis and I had a lot of time to catch up which was nice. Sometimes it seems all we do is run around when we see each other and don't really have a lot of time to talk. The party was on Saturday so we made cakes on Friday night. I baked them and Brandi decorated, she made butterfly cakes that were so cute. I couldn't resist and had the cut out pieces that night, yum! The next day we cooked and cleaned until the party. The party was a lot of fun, then we went out for drinks while the kids stayed with Uncle Mike. After 2 margaritas and more cake and ice cream when we came home I had a major sugar hangover on Sunday. Now I am trying to get my eating back on track!

As for the marathon, I am almost ready to commit. I think if I am going to run one this year now is the time to do it. I have about 5 more days before I have to decide and I'm sure I'll change my mind many times before then!

3 comments:

  1. I had a really hard time committing to a marathon this time. Good luck.

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great time with your family! It's okay to indulge every once in a while when enjoying good company and celebrating!

    I agree, it's difficult to take that step and commit, but if you do, I guarantee you will be unbelievably proud of yourself when you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, cake!!! I hear you on the sugar hangover.

    Good luck with your marathon decision!

    ReplyDelete