Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Variety Run

Since I still have 2 more weeks before I start my training plan I am trying to up my miles and stay entertained. Today I ran on the treadmill and I have found the best way to run more than 3 miles on it is to vary the speed or incline. I didn't have a plan so I started with a half mile warmup then jumped into intervals. I managed 4x400s in a 7:30 pace before I thought I was going to lose my lunch. Next I decided to run at a 8:35 pace for 10 minutes, then to a 9 minute pace to cool down. I ended up running 4 miles in 33:38, which was great but I didn't make 5 miles like I wanted. After the kids went to bed I decided to run 2 more slow miles. I am feeling good and with a 4.5 mile run tomorrow and 10 miles on Friday I will have a 30 mile week.

2 comments:

  1. I love to keep things interesting on the treadmill with random intervals. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally the best way to survive the treadmill. BTW, there's a little something for you on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete