Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Which race?

My goal this week is 25 miles! I haven't ran more then 23 in over a month and I need to step it up! I looked at marathons the other night and found one close by in June. There is also a half marathon and I am debating which one to run. I still really want to run a marathon, I'm just not sure if I should do it now or wait until the fall. Either way I am thinking I will have to start running outside early in the morning or do a lot of treadmill runs. JR is busy with work and I just started my own business out of my home, so my days are becoming very busy.

I did try a circuit class on Monday and I loved it! I am hoping to add that to my routine on Mondays, it was fun to work out with a group. We did a lot of walking lunges and I really felt it in my legs the next day! I am still planning on lifting 3x a week, just not sure how often to do legs. I need to pick a race so I can pick a training plan!

3 comments:

  1. I love group fitness. Definitely a fun way to work out!

    Good luck with the marathon decision...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about a fall marathon is that you can still do a half this spring and use it for training purposes.

    I've never tried a circuit class but it sounds interesting! Do you suggest I should add it to my list? Whatever you do, don't do legs two days in a row. Give at least one day in between and you probably shouldn't do it the day before or after a long run. At least I don't think my legs would appreciate that much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete