Thursday, February 4, 2010

Decision

I ran a great 4.5 miles on the treadmill today. My legs were tired when I started out (due to 5.5 miles last night) so I ran slower than planned for the first 2 miles. I upped the speed every half mile or so and finished at a 8:34 pace which felt great. Tomorrow I have a long run, hopefully 10 miles which will put me in at 28 miles for the week. I haven't ran that much since early December, it feels good to put in the miles.

I have also decided to run the marathon. I must admit that the long runs scare me! I have never ran more then 13.1 miles before and am very nervous. I am looking forward to the challenge and for the training plan. I have been floating around long enough and am ready for a schedule.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on choosing the marathon! I had never run more than a half before either, so it can definitely be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I understand the nerves with building your distances to new levels, but just think of all of the new milestones coming up! Most weekends, you'll be able to say 'I just ran farther than I ever have before!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know thinking baout running and adding the distance can be a bit daunting. But, once you get in to it, it really isn't bad at all. You are going to have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you'll love the training. With each longer run you feel so amazing and can't believe you went further than the last one. Then you'll be hooked and doing more of them!

    ReplyDelete