Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hour Long Run

The first week of marathon training is going well. I am running the same mileage as I have the last few weeks just different miles each day. Yesterday I had a hour long run with 4-5 minutes uphill. I usually always run a specific distance so I found it hard to run for time. I was fortunate enough to be able to run outside and ended up running 6.7 miles. The last 20 minutes I kept looking at my watch, I never do that when I am outside. I have a time run every week so by the marathon I should be used to it!

The marathon is June 14 in Provo Utah. It starts at around 6000 ft and drops to around 4500 ft, so it should be a fast course. I'm happy for all the downhill, I will take all the help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the run!

    I never run for time either.... interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete