Thursday, July 10, 2014

Weekend Plans

Over the weekend we went camping with my sister and her family, as well as JR's aunt and uncle. We had a lot of fun playing in the lake and enjoying downtime. I did run 2 times, and it was hot! My sister is doing a relay in August over Teton pass, they were looking for a sub last weekend and I had debated on doing it and just decided it wasn't the right time for me. After running in 60* weather I am thankful I turned her down, because I think 100* weather would kill me! I am definitely a cold weather runner, give me 15* and I am happy. This is why I usually train for a spring race, everyone who runs in heat and humidity (we don't have humidity) is my hero. You are amazing! This weekend is Rendevous for our little town, there will be lots of vendors, a rodeo, parade, and pageant. There is a 5 mile run/walk benefiting a local organization that works with disabled kids and horses. I have a friend who has a son who has participated with this group and he loved it. It is not an easy course, as the first 2.5 is mostly up, then a fast second half as you come back down. I have not been running very much since the half so I am just going to go have fun and enjoy being out with other runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment