Monday, July 14, 2014

Rendezvous Fun

My kids wait all year for Rendezvous, and it started on Friday when my friend Carrie and I took our kids around to look at all the street vendors. They all found something they couldn't live without, the boys bought spears, and the girls ended up with fans and fur pouches. Saturday morning it was time to run in the ramble, they changed the course this year so it was shorter (this way we didn't have to go up the last, steepest hill), my garmin said 4.66 miles at the finish. This run was so slow for me compared to years past. I keep wanting to run like I did 3-4 years ago, but I don't train as hard as I did then, and running 3 mile runs doesn't cut it. So I have decided to train hard for the 10k this year in September, back to focused speed work and tempo runs. I am going to follow the "own it" plan in Train Like A Mother. I will have 1 more week before it starts, so I am just planning on running 4 times this week. I did 4 miles this morning and it felt good. After running it was time to take my kids to the parade. They decided to be in the pageant this year so they walked in the parade as Indians. That night was the parade, which we lasted about 30 minutes before it started raining. It didn't last long but our clothes were completely soaked so we headed home. The next day was the pageant, which tells the story of the Green River Rendezvous and the people who met in this area to trade. My kids were so excited to be Indians and want to be in the pageant again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment