Friday, December 18, 2009

Running Slump

I have had a very off week, between a stomach bug, renovations, personal issues, and baking dozens of cookies, running has taken a hit. Monday my stomach hurt and I wasn't hungry, I still tried going to the gym and running but I only made a few laps before I slowed to a walk. I was ok walking so I did 1.5 miles and then hopped on the bike for a few slow miles. Tuesday was about the same, I managed 2 on the treadmill before I started walking. The same on Wednesday, I ran 2 and walked a half mile.

Thursday I had a long run with friends, I was very nervous after this week how it would go. I am so thankful that I have them to run with because I wouldn't have made it a mile otherwise. We ended up running 7.5 before I was done and they decided to walk the rest of the way with me.

Today I was feeling better but still unsure what would happen. I ran on the treadmill and after .5 I was feeling great so I decided to run intervals. I ran 1-2 minutes at a 7:30 pace with 1 minute at 8:30. It was just what I needed, I felt great afterwards. Hopefully I am back to normal now.

1 comment: