Friday, December 11, 2009

-14 F

That was the temperature today when my friends and I started out on our long run. We debated on running inside but the thought of running 150 laps around the track to make 10 miles was too much for us. We bundled up and took off, we had to run up a big hill in the first mile which helped warm us up. Overall it wasn't bad, I didn't get too cold and with the exception of cold hands and cold feet for the first few miles my friends were ok too. The hardest part I think is keeping my face warm, I have my face covered but then I have a hard time breathing. If anyone has any suggestions on what to wear I would appreciate it. We made our entire 10 miles outside and felt great afterwards.

This weekend is going to be busy with insulating our house, trip to see Santa and the Christmas parade. I am hoping to squeeze in some running but probably won't be around the computer. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY, that is cold! You guys are tough for facing that.

    I have a neck gator that can pull up over my face with mesh to go over the mouth or nose for breathing. I usually find it okay, but when it's REALLY cold the condensation from my breath freezes over the mesh. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete