Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Weekend

We had a great weekend, starting with Halloween. My kids had a blast and have more candy then they will eat in a year. Saturday started out with sunny skies and temps in the 30's which is perfect for a run. I took the dogs out and had a nice 4 mile run, this was still not long enough for the puppy! Later that afternoon we went to the neighbor's for pumpkin chunckin. Someone had an old trebuchet he had sitting in his yard he had never used so we tested it out. After a few misses it finally launched a pumpkin....about 20 ft, not quite what we had in mind. The guys kept working on it, but at this time it was windy and COLD so all the girls went inside with the little ones. They ended up getting it to work and had lots of fun launching pumpkins and then the kids played baseball with the pieces. Afterwards we went home for a few hours then went to town to the library where they had their fall festival. I had a nice chat with my friend while tons of kids ran around playing games and eating more candy.

The time change was a wonderful thing this morning, I was up early, having my quiet time and still being able to work out before church. I decided to try out a kickboxing workout I found on youtube. It was just the right intensity and reminded me of how much I enjoy kickboxing and other types of workouts. After church it was time to get some work done. My kids and I hauled wood all day, and my back feels it! Squating, carrying, throwing, and stacking wood is a great workout, I think I will feel it tomorrow.

Overall it was a great weekend. How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment