Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Water Day

Yesterday I was in the pool for 4-5 hours. I usually run on Mondays, however I had a lot I needed to do in between work so I skipped it. Instead I hauled more wood, taught swim lessons, swam with my daughter, and had 2 hours of training. Our pool is going to add aqua zumba to the mix in December, so part of our fitness portion of training was to try it out. I have done zumba at home on the kinect and taken a class one time. I am not the most coordinated person, which is why I teach bootcamp and not an aerobic type class where I have to stay on the beat. I love zumba on the kinect, I really got into it and had a great core workout. I didn't feel like the class was as hard, although I'm sure I didn't go all out like at home. I was wearing my normal shorts and t-shirt while everyone else rocked their zumba clothes. I do think more dance style clothes would help get in the mood. Back to aqua zumba, it was a decent workout, but I didn't love it. I prefer zumba out of the water, I found it hard to do some of the moves and just felt like I was flailing around. I would prefer to swim laps if I am going to work out in the water. I do think I need to don some dance clothes and try out zumba again.

After aqua zumba it was on to treading while passing a 10# brick and answering lifeguard and CPR questions. We treaded water for about 30 minutes. Overall it was a great fitness day, just enough to stretch out my sore back (from all the wood) and help my muscles recover.

Today I am teaching bootcamp and will probably join in depending on how many new people I have. What are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment