Sunday, August 24, 2014

What Happened to Summer?

This has been a very cold and rainy summer, I think we had a total of 3 weeks of normal 85* weather but it didn't happen all at once. We would have 3 days of nice weather and then it would be rainy and 70* for a week. Yesterday I almost started a fire it was so cold, and when the clouds moved there was a lot of new snow on the mountains. I am not ready for winter! Gavin has decided he wants to run the 10k with me, so I have been taking him out a few times a week to run/walk. Brooklyn is going to run the 1 mile so she goes with us, so we haven't gone more then 2 miles. I finally had a chance last weekend to run with Gavin alone. I told him to go at an easy pace because we were going to run farther, I had planned on running with him to help pace him. He started running and his easy pace was about 30 seconds a mile faster then mine! We were running on a hilly course and I couldn't catch him, when he stopped to walk I caught up and he said he was feeling good. I told him not to worry about me and to continue, he left me in the dust again. I told him he was going to run the race by himself and beat me, he told me "I hope not, I would be lonely." When it was time to turn around I had finally warmed up enough and he had slowed down a little that I could run with him, we started with me by his side and he started to pick up the pace. When I asked him why he replied, "I thought I was going to slow since you are running with me." Once I assured him that I was trying to run with him we ran the rest of the time together, maybe I can keep up with him in the race after all, I just need to warm up first!

No comments:

Post a Comment