Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recovering

I have gone on 2 runs since having my wisdom teeth pulled. The first was a 4 miler on Sunday, there was a little throbbing on my "complicated" tooth but it didn't hurt. The run itself was a slow one. Later that night I moved my jaw just right to send pain shooting all over. The rest of the night and following day I had a headache that I could not get rid of and tooth/jaw pain. After a massage from my hubby that night my head finally quit hurting. I held of running until yesterday when I couldn't take it any longer. I went for 3 miles and it felt hard! I was hungry which I am sure was part of it, I am still on a soft food diet so I am not eating as much as I normally do. My food choices have not been very good either, so today I am having a green smoothie and am going to add some more fruits and veggies into my food.

This morning I woke up to the right side of my head pounding and swollen. I went to the dentist and it is healing fine, since I had some of the bone removed with the tooth he said it would take 6-8 weeks to completely heal. He gave me some steroids to help with the swelling. I am going to keep running when I can and hopefully eating some more food will help my energy levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment