Friday, April 2, 2010

Long Run

Training has been going well, I had my first 15 miler yesterday. It was my first long run in a long time that I had to do alone so I was nervous. Running with someone really helps the miles fly by. I woke up to a blizzard, with a couple inches of new snow. I was not looking forward to running outside but I did not want to run 15 on the treadmill so I bundled up and took off. The first 2 miles were horrible, my achilles were so tight and the road was uneven with the snow. I ran around my house and was ok when I was running with the wind but 5 miles in I had to run against the wind and my cheeks were freezing so I decided to finish on the treadmill. I came in at 6 miles and my cheeks were white, I changed into some dry clothes and jumped on the treadmill. I managed 9 more miles, very boring on a treadmill! Afterwards I took an ice bath and felt good the rest of the day. Today I ran 5 easy miles and my legs are tired, thankfully tomorrow is a rest day.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you feel like a superstar for having pushed through?? I hate those bad weather days, but then afterwards I'm like ya...I'm a tough runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. important thing is that you finished!! and pushing through in the weather and then sticking with it on the treadmill will make you tough! great job!

    ReplyDelete