Friday, February 3, 2012

Early Morning Running

I have a love/hate relationship with the treadmill. I love it when it's freezing outside or when my kids are home and I need to run. In the past I would run mid morning or at night, whenever I could fit it in. Now that I am working full time, and my job requires me to be outside, I am having a difficult time fitting it in. So I have finally accepted the fact that I am going to have to become an early morning runner. This has never been my favorite time to run and I hate the treadmill in the morning. If I am strength training or working out to a video I don't have a problem getting it done early, it's only treadmill running that I psych myself out. However I have signed up for a half marathon in June and I would like to train harder then last year. I did drag myself out of bed at 5 on Thursday and ran an easy 3 miles. I didn't love the run but the rest of the day I felt great. Now I just need to continue until I learn to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment